Saved by the Discounts

Getting ready for college? Did you know college students get special discounts?

If you’re planning on going to college you’ll soon realize shopping for what you need is very time consuming and costly. Around the time spring hits, many stores begin giving out coupons and creating sales. However, a lot of stores offer student discounts year-round, though most are in store purchases only, you still get some money off, so when you get your ID you can get a percentage off at a number of different places. Some of the online places only ask for your student email! College students are all about saving money so when you’re shopping, don’t be afraid to ask if they offer a student discount.

Here are some of the many places that offer discounts and coupons for college students.

• Best Buy: (hit the deals icon and create a student hub account). They send you coupons and sale opportunities weekly.
  • Amazon: gives college students Prime for $49 (ONE yearly fee).
  • Spotify: offers the premium option for only $4.99 a month.
  • Apple Music: also gives students a discount of $4.99 a month.
  • Bed Bath & Beyond: sends 20% off coupons out all the time, they also allow you to buy things online and pick them up in a store near your campus.
  • Sam’s Club: They offer a Collegiate Membership discount and you get a $15 gift card when you sign up.
  • Target: has the ‘Cartwheel’ app. It has all of their sales on it so that’s extremely helpful with shopping.
  • Chick-Fil-A: At many locations, they offer college student night and with your ID you can get a free drink anytime.
  • Subway: You can get 10% off.
  • Chipotle: Most locations will offer a free drink with purchase when you show your student ID.
  • State Farm’s: Good Student Discount offers up to 25% off if you get good grades.
  • H&M: Save 15% off your entire in-store purchase with your Student ID.
  • Urban Outfitters: Save 10% off specific days with your Student ID. Sign-up for their Student Program to be kept in the know.
  • J. Crew: They will give you 15% off.
  • Kate Spade: The company offers 15% off.
  • PacSun: They give you 10% off with your student email

There’s also a website called “Unidays” and after you begin college, you can sign up for the site and they have more than just these discounts listed. Unidays is only accepting currently enrolled college students.

Enjoy the shopping and have fun preparing for college!