Inside Edition with The Poland Schools Foundation

Luke Politsky, 2009 Poland Alumni and the President of the Poland Schools Foundation, detailed the purpose of The Poland Foundation and some of the foundation’s recent successes.

The Poland Schools Foundation hosts many fundraisers and raffles to provide scholarships and grants to schools throughout the district in Poland. The purpose of the grants is to reward the classrooms with money and supplies throughout the year for going above and beyond for the students.

For example, due to a grant given this previous year from the Poland Foundation, all classes of the same elementary grade level were put together to give teachers, staff, and students the opportunity to work together with technology to further extend the teacher’s ability to educate the students.

According to Politsky, one source of support that the foundation has had is the PSHS Class of 1954.  They have given the foundation money that they have raised since graduating from Poland. This money is now given to students as scholarships when the foundation’s specific guidelines are met and decided upon.

The Poland Foundation is trying to gain support by putting themselves out to the community; the updated website will be up to date soon to connect with the foundation and help support the community as a whole. Also, their new Facebook page can be followed for updated events, fundraisers, banquets, and more.  

Politsky said, “We are hoping to update our website to inform people about upcoming events, and also to get the word out about the Poland Foundation.”

It is most important to inform the community in hopes that we will gain more and more supporters to help raise money and awareness for the Poland community all together.

— Luke Politsky

Politsky said, “It is most important to inform the community in hopes that we will gain more and more supporters to help raise money and awareness for the Poland community all together.”

Politsky has been a lifelong resident and support of the Poland area, and he furthered his education at YSU to receive his undergrad and MBA degree.

Politsky said that he was offered a position in the foundation because the board members wanted a younger perspective.

After only three months on the foundation, Politsky was offered the position of president.

Here is the current website. Here is their Facebook Page. “Like” their page!