Two Poland Athletes Sign with Colleges

Two Poland Athletes Sign with Colleges

On Thursday, November 16, 2017, senior, Sarah Boccieri has signed with Cleveland State University to continue her education and play softball. Also, senior, Maggie Sebest, signed her letter of intent to continue her running and academic career at Youngstown State University.

Boccieri, who has played since eight years old, has had some of her favorite memories on the high school JV and varsity teams. It had meant a lot to her having her family and the town behind her as she signed with the university.

Boccieri is both excited and nervous for this new chapter. She’s excited for the new level of competition however is nervous about starting fresh once more.

Boccieri also really enjoyed the campus and downtown Cleveland and liked how it is close to home.

Boccieri stated, “It is exciting to see my hard work pay off.”

She also had advice for future softball players: “Always work hard and get the most out of it.”

Sebest was joined by her parents Mike and Heather Sebest and her younger sister, freshman, Halle Sebest.

Sebest has been training long and hard for this moment, and she is excited to move on to the next level with her athletic career.

Sebest said that it will be different, making the jump for high school athletics to the collegiate level, but she is ready for the challenge.

We wish Boccieri and Sebest the best of luck with their futures!