• November 5Senior Class Photo will be on Fri., Nov. 9 at 7:30 AM

The Seminarian

PSHS Signing Day

Gianna Aromando and Jena Miller

On February 7th, National Signing Day, 7 football players from Poland Seminary High School joined together to commit to their colleges of choice. This was a historic event, seeing that the class of 2018 had the most signings in school history.

One of the seven is Jonah Spencer who plans on attending Youngstown State University in the Fall. When asked what factors led him to choose YSU, he said, “The comfortability at the college and the desire to be apart of a good program.”

Spencer is planning on majoring in Communications.

Also attending YSU is Mike Diaz, who plans to major in engineering or construction management. He said that he is most excited to be on his own and meet new people during his next few years of college.

Dante Ruozzo will be attending Ohio University where he will be majoring in marketing. We asked what factors he felt he will contribute to the team within the next 4 years, and he stated, “I will contribute hard work and a winning mentality.”

He is very excited to start his career at OU.

Attending Baldwin Wallace is Cole Lavorini. He will enter his freshman year undecided on a major. However, his deciding factors when choosing this college include the school itself, the location, and the coaches and teammates he will be working with.

Eager to balance academics and football Drew Davies will be attending Ashland University. He feels there will be no difficulties finding a balance between the two because he has developed a sense of time management throughout his high school career. Davies knows he has to keep his grades up in order to stay eligible. He plans on double majoring in sports management and finance.

Many changes are coming according to Notre Dame College commit Nick Sabrin. The Seminarian asked Sabrin how it will be playing with a different set of guys compared to playing with his former team, who he has been with for years.

Sabrin said, “We will need to build a new bond, and I will have to get used to a different team with a faster paced skill set”     

In conclusion, this year was a successful year for the football Bulldogs, and we hope that those who signed have a successful college career.