Thanksgiving Reflection

Gathering around the table to give thanks on Thanksgiving is something that I look forward to every year. Spending time with my family is something very special to me. There are so many things to be grateful for: your family, friends, your home, food on the table, etc. Personally, I appreciate all of the little things in life. No matter the day, focusing on the little things each day is incredibly important. There are so many little things to be thankful for and the simplest acts are always the strongest.

This year, I asked students what their favorite Thanksgiving foods were, but more importantly, what they were thankful for and looked forward to each Thanksgiving. Numerous students said turkey was their favorite Thanksgiving dish. Some also said they enjoyed ham, but turkey was much more popular. A good amount said stuffing, which was the second most popular. The third most popular dish being mashed potatoes, which is personally my favorite. We also had some say things like potato salad and mac and cheese, but these were some of the least popular dishes.

When asking the students what they were most thankful for and looked forward to, we heard a lot of students say that they most looked forward to spending time with their families. This by far was what we had heard the most. Some also brought up that they looked forward to watching the NFL football games on Thanksgiving day. Watching their favorite holiday movies with friends and family was also noted by some. 

We hope that everyone enjoys this Thanksgiving and the holiday season!