Week 8 College Football Top Games: Analysis/Prediction

By: Cameron Morgan, Staff Writer

#6 Texas A&M at #1 Alabama, Saturday, October 22nd 3:30 PM

This game has the biggest impact on who will be in the College Football playoffs this year. Bama is coming off a 49-10 win against a top ten team, #7 Tennessee, and they’re proven to be dominant. At the same time, Texas A&M is also coming off a win against Tennessee, as they had a bye week this last week. If this game was at the Aggies home field, I’d say A&M has a chance with the extra week of preparation, but I think Bama has this game. I expect a big game from Jalen Hurst of Alabama, and Trevor Knight will carve the Alabama defense, but it will not be enough. Roll tide in this game.

Prediction: Alabama 38, Texas A&M 28

#17 Arkansas at #21 Auburn, Saturday, October 22nd, 6 PM

This game has no playoff implications but is important, nonetheless. The Razorbacks are coming off of a win against a solid Ole Miss team that hung around with Alabama, while Auburn is coming off a bye week. With both an extra week to prepare and home field advantage, The Tigers have every advantage. I think Auburn will get the W in this one; they have two losses from two top 10 teams in Clemson and Texas A&M. Auburn’s bye week pays off, and they take the win.

Prediction: Auburn 24, Arkansas 14

#23 Ole Miss at #25 LSU, Saturday, October 22nd, 9 PM

These are two teams that have done not as good as expected with LSU losing Les Miles and two losses, and also Ole Miss with two losses. Whichever team loses is likely to drop out of the top 25. LSU had a pretty easy game last week, beating Southern Mississippi 45-10. While The Rebels are coming off a hard fought loss against the Arkansas Razorbacks, LSU seems to be relatively fine for a team that has lost their head coach, and with the easy game, it is likely that they had more time to look ahead to this week a little. LSU takes this one at home by a close margin.

Prediction LSU 20, Ole Miss 16

#10 Wisconsin at Iowa, Saturday, October 22nd, Noon

This is a big game for the Big Ten, the best conference in college football and is a must win for Wisconsin. Wisconsin is for real, but they have two losses against two elite programs in Ohio State and Michigan. Last week, they lost in overtime in a hard fought battle against the Buckeyes, giving them their biggest struggle of the year so far. Freshman Quarterback Alex Hornibrook will light it up once again against a good, but also disappointing Iowa team. Expect a close one, well closer than it needs to be, between these two Big Ten teams, but Wisconsin takes it away.
Prediction: Wisconsin 23, Iowa 14