PSJSHS Pep Assembly

On Friday, October 22, Poland’s Economics Club and cheerleaders put on a pep rally in the school’s fieldhouse to get students excited about the varsity football game against Struthers. This was not only the last game before the team enters the playoffs, but this game also a “backyard rivalry.” 

Students participated in activities such as dodgeball, knockout, and musical chairs. All of these events were accompanied by Poland Seminary High School’s Marching Band and flag line dancers. The band played the most in this rally than any other previous rally which really helped with the upbeat and spirited mood felt throughout the entire fieldhouse. 

Students went wild when Sophomore, Matthew Matiste beat Junior, Connor Hudran in the final round of musical chairs. The roar of the crowd was extraordinary because Connor thought he was going to claim victory, but did so too soon. 

The Dodgeball tournament was a back and forth battle between multiple teams. You could hear whole sections of the crowd support their grades team. After a few hard fought battles, the Zach Attack Team ended up victorious.

Having the middle school students not only attend but participate in the festivities was a nice bonding moment, truly solidifying the coming together of the high school and middle school student body. They participated in a few rounds of knockout, a basketball game typically played during recess at Poland Middle School.

Poland’s students enjoyed participating in the events and showing off their talents to their peers. The overall experience left a sense of community and togetherness throughout the staff and students alike.