Tacos and Tiramisu

Tacos and Tiramisu was a joint event between The Spanish and Italian clubs and was held on February 9, 2022. It started right after school and took place in the cafeteria. 

The Spanish Club provided all the ingredients for students to make their own tacos. The Italian Club provided tiramisu.

There was a bit of a mix-up that required a date change, but that did not impact the attendance of the event, as it was fully packed. In fact, the amount of attendees was actually over the limit set by the clubs, leading to a shortage of supplies and food.

However, all mishaps aside, The Tacos and Tiramisu event was a creative way to not only allow for both clubs to have a fun gathering, but also allow the two foreign language groups to get better acquainted with each other. 

While lots of the students already know people and have friends in the other club, this was a great chance to better get to know other students with a shared interest in a foreign language, and perhaps see a new side come out in some students. It was also a perfect way to incorporate both cultures into one event, that way both clubs could learn a little about the other. 

The event was canceled last year due to the ongoing pandemic. This year as things have changed and more gatherings can be held, the event was brought back. 

Despite the issues still present, the sense of normalcy and being able to hold such a fun school activity is a breath of fresh air. 

The Spanish and Italian Club had a fantastic time collaborating for this event. If you would like to be a part of one of these clubs next year to participate in this event and others like it, think about asking one of the foreign language teachers about the upcoming school year!